Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Turn Out The Lights, The Party Is OVER

I cannot believe that two years ago I was visiting with my superintendent about the possibility of being a principal.  I had not started my Masters at all.  I had never had any desire to be a principal.  I had laughed at former employers who asked me about the possibility.  But there I was asking if he would give me a chance.  With the PISD school board's approval, I was on my way.  Fast forward to November of 2011 and my first class.  I was in a panic.  I had not been in school since 1992!  At least, not as a student.  I was taking classes while working as the administrative assistant since technically I could not be listed as a principal.  Make no mistake about it, I was doing the day to day duties of the principal.  There was no assisting another administrator.  The process was long and often challenging as I tried to balance being a husband, father, principal, coach and student.  There was not enough hours in the day at times.  Now I am just weeks away from finishing the process.  A couple of assignments and the TExES test are all that stand between me and dropping the administrative assistant tag and replacing it with principal.

No comments:

Post a Comment