Sunday, July 7, 2013

Site Supervisor Meeting

Since I have regular access to my site supervisor – just on the other end of a very small school – I have kept him up to date on the internship plan.  We have discussed the items that I have chosen to complete and how some of them will actually benefit the school.  Due to the constant interaction, there was little more than a proofreading and then signing off of the internship activities during this last meeting.  During our conversations throughout the five weeks of this course, Mr. Parton and I had discussed ways that my internship could also benefit the students of our school district.  With that being said, the two components of the plan that he and I are the most excited about are: (1) the revising of our RTI plan and hoping to make it more comprehensive and effective and (2) leading a group of teachers to help raise the writing scores on our standardized testing.  After looking at some of the suggested items in our initial meetings, Troy also suggested that I write the job description for the interventionist we are hoping to hire and also that I participate in the budget process since it is one of the more difficult portions of the coursework for certification.  Again, these did not really take place during our final meeting due to Troy being a part of it from the beginning.  In my mind, I will benefit more from constant discussion and interaction as opposed to solitary meetings.  I am fortunate that I have immediate access to my supervisor and that he is wiling to help when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment